NEW Medela Family App Connects New Parents to Expert Breastfeeding Support
MEDIA RELEASE: 22 JUNE 2021
New Medela Family App Connects New Parents to Expert Breastfeeding Support
- Leading Breast Pump Brand Introduces Free App Solution to track Baby’s Growth, Nursing/Pumping Sessions and Milk Supply with Virtual Storage feature
- Medela Family App Connects to Medela Breast Pumps and Provides Personalised Support to Help Reach Breastfeeding Goals
Medela AG announced today that Medela Family™, the company’s new, mobile app for pregnant and breastfeeding parents is now available free of charge on iOS and Android devices around the world*. Medela Family tracks important stats for pregnancy, baby, and breastfeeding from the first trimester of pregnancy through baby’s first year, providing personalised, evidence-based tips and support to help mums meet their breastfeeding goals.
“The Medela Family app reflects our ongoing commitment to supporting the needs of today’s breastfeeding families,” explains Annette Brüls, CEO of Medela. “For 60 years, we have focused our efforts on improving the breast milk feeding experience for families around the world with research-based and award-winning products, innovations and resources. Hearing from families about the challenge to find trusted, evidence-based information, Medela Family provides a one-stop digital solution to support their personal breastfeeding goals with tracking tools, smart connection to her breast pump, a virtual breast milk storage system, personalised articles and advice from certified lactation consultants, and so much more.”
The Medela Family app is just one part of the Medela Family offering a wealth of digital resources to breastfeeding families. Through the app, users can opt-in to receive personalised web, email and text support to help them navigate the breastfeeding journey and reach their breast milk feeding goals. Designed by the world’s leading breast pump brand, the Medela Family app works like a smart assistant for new mums. In addition to voice command for hands-free access, Medela Family offers:
- Tracking tools from pregnancy through baby’s first year. Monitor contractions during pregnancy, track important baby health indicators like sleep, diapers, feeds, length and weight. Access personalised dashboard of statistics and insights that can be easily shared with healthcare professionals. Mums also have access to customisable checklists to help them pack for the hospital, prepare to return to work, and more.
- Solutions to manage breastfeeding and pumping schedule. Seamlessly track pumping and breastfeeding sessions to monitor milk supply. Mums can connect their Freestyle Flex™ breast pumps for real-time pumping session information and quick how-to guidance. The virtual breast milk storage system helps mums manage fridge and freezer inventory, with expiration alerts making sure not a drop is wasted.
- Access to answers you can trust. After completing Medela’s exclusive confidence assessment within the app, mums will get access to customised feedback and support based on their goals and challenges. Users can get trusted answers to their breastfeeding and pumping questions from the Medela Family personal helper – a chatbot assistant created by certified lactation experts that references research-based insights. The more questions asked by the community, the more intelligent the chatbot becomes.
Medela Family replaces the MyMedela® app and is available now in the App Store and Google Play. Visit medela.com.au/medelafamily for more information.
Through advancing research, observing natural behavior and listening to our customers, Medela turns science into care while nurturing health for generations. Medela supports millions of mums, babies, patients and healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries all over the world. As the healthcare choice for more than 6 million hospitals and homes across the globe, Medela provides leading research-based breast milk feeding and baby products, healthcare solutions for hospitals, and clinical education. Medela is dedicated to building better health outcomes, simplifying and improving life, and developing breakthroughs that help mums, babies and patients live their life to the fullest. For more information, visit www.medela.com
*Availability may vary regionally. Not available in China.
Medela and MyMedela wordmark and logo are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Medela Family, and Freestyle Flex are trademarks of Medela.
Medela Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
iPhone® is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.