Competition and Promotional Offer T&Cs
Medela Australia Competition and Promotional Offer Terms and Conditions
Competition Terms and Conditions
- All entries submitted will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions and all participants will be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Submissions must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid. Medela Australia reserves the right to disqualify any entry in breach of these terms and conditions.
- To enter Medela Australia competitions, an individual must visit Medela Australia Facebook page or Medela Australia Instagram page.
All entrants must provide the personal information requested on the relevant page(s) of the Facebook or Instagram Page relating to the Competition and in any subsequent correspondence from Medela Australia. No purchase is necessary in order to enter the Competition and there is no charge to register. If you wish to enter via the Facebook Page or Instagram page, you will need a Facebook account on Facebook.com or an Instagram account on Instagram.com and must enter the competition via the Facebook page or Instagram page. If you are a first time visitor to Facebook or Instagram, you will be prompted to complete the on-screen registration form to sign up for a Facebook account on Facebook.com or an Instagram account on Instagram.com and provide a username, email address and password. There is no charge for an account on Facebook or Instagram. Such registration on Facebook or Instagram is a one-time requirement. If you are a returning visitor, you will be prompted to log in using your e-mail address or username and/or password. Anyone found to be using multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified. Entrants are responsible for their own costs associated with accessing the Internet.
- Once entrants visit the Facebook Page or Instagram Page, they must follow the prompts to provide their answer to a question or a photo, as stated on the Facebook or Instagram Page and provide any other details or complete required actions as stated on the Facebook/Instagram Page. Each statement or photo must be the entrant’s original work. By entering this Competition entrants:
- consent to Medela Australia making copies of or publishing the whole or any part of their entry and otherwise misusing the entry and any rights in relation to the entry, to publicise this Competition or for any other purposes; and
- undertake to Medela Australia that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
- To be eligible to enter, an individual must:
- Be an Australian resident aged 18 years old or over;
- Complete a full entry in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Any Medela Australia Employees and their immediate families are not eligible to enter this competition or win a prize.
- Healthcare professionals and Government Officials are not eligible to enter this competition or win a prize.
- Medela Australia understands that everyone’s breastfeeding experience is unique and that entries submitted will reflect the diversity of the lives of people breastfeeding and the varied user experiences.
- Stories must not:
- Include medical advice or recommendations;
- Contain inaccurate, misleading or non-factual information;
- Contain any profanity;
- Contain language or images that are derogatory, defamatory or disrespectful towards an individual, another company or organisation;
- Contain language or images that are deemed inappropriate, offensive or abusive. This includes comments, symbols or slogans that offend on the basis of race, religion, gender or sexuality, or statements that are intended merely to offend;
- Contain language, banners, symbols or slogans in a language other than English that cannot be translated or understood, or could be deemed inappropriate or offensive;
- Challenge any other submissions that might include experiences or opinions that are different to their own;
- Contain competitor brand names;
- Contain or are considered spam;
- Contain comments that could encourage improper or dangerous behaviour;
- Contain comments that suggest impropriety of an individual who could reasonably be identified;
- Contain comments that identify a third party individual who is not already in the public domain;
- Contain threatening language against another individual;
- Contain images or comments that depict or explain product usage outside of the current, approved indication from the Instructions For Use;
- Medela Australia will monitor submissions at the end of each competition period.
- The Competition will begin and end at the times and dates as stated on the Facebook/Instagram Page. All times stated are Australian Eastern Standard Time.
- Winners will be announced within 7 days of the closing date of the Competition. Only one prize per winning entrant will be awarded.
- Winners must claim their prize within 6 months of Medela Australia making the relevant winning announcement otherwise the prize is deemed to be forfeited.
- Medela Australia reserves the right at any time, and at their sole discretion, to report a product complaint, adverse events or incorrect use of a product.
- Failure by Medela Australia to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- No responsibility will be accepted for submissions lost, damaged or delayed. No responsibility will be taken for technical, telecommunication or website error, data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable Internet connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, inability to access any website or online service, any other error or malfunction, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Medela Australia does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your submission.
- Medela Australia reserves the right to cancel or amend these terms and conditions. If for any reason that Medela Australia is not capable of running the competition as planned, Medela Australia is not in any way responsible either legally or morally for cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the competition.
- Any personal data relating to entries submitted will be used solely for the purposes of this campaign by Medela Australia and will not be disclosed to a third party for any other purpose without the individual’s prior consent.
- Where a submitter has shared their entry, the submitter grants Medela Australia (at Medela Australia’s sole discretion) the right to repost and share the submitted entry with selected media outlets, including TV, print, radio, social media and online.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
- The views, opinions and positions expressed by any submitter are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or positions of Medela Australia or any employee thereof.
Promotional Offer Terms and Conditions
The Medela Family Email Sign-Up
Exclusive email sign up code for 20% off the Medela webstore only on full-priced items, cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Medela Australia reserves the right to withdraw or change this promotion at any given time at their discretion. Promotional code can only be used at www.medelastore.com.au.
Terms and Conditions apply. Offer only available with completed basket totals of over $100. Free delivery refers to standard metropolitan delivery only. Offer valid for limited time during Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2021 and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Medela Australia reserves the rights to amend or withdraw this promotion at any time.
Medela Family and Bumpie - Sample Box Giveaway 2022
From July 1, 2022 until midnight AEST July 21, 2022 (the promotional period), 50 people who signup up to the Medela Family program and share a photo of their baby bump on social media tagging Medela Australia will receive a Free Sample Box. To be eligible, entrants must:
- Sign up to the Medela Family program
- Share a photo of their Bump (aka a Bumpie) and tag Medela Australia
Winners will be notified via email within 7 days of the closing of the promotion period. The giveaway offer is open to Australian residents only and is no way endorsed by Meta (Facebook and Instagram). Only one sample box will be awarded per winning entrant and strictly to 50 eligible entries during the promotional period. Medela Australia reserves the right to withdraw or change this promotion at any given time at their discretion.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
3. The Competition commences on July 1 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on July 21 (Promotion Period). Entries submitted and received by the Promoter after this time will not be accepted. The time of entry will in each case be the time which the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not the time of transmission by the entrant.
4. The Competition is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over who enter during the Promotion Period.
5. Employees and contractors (and their immediate families) of Medela Australia (Promoter or we), their subsidiaries and the agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following (whether natural, step or adopted): spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child, parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, sibling or first cousin.
HOW TO ENTER:
6. To enter the Competition, eligible entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
- Sign up to The Medela Family program
- Share a “Bumpie” and tag Medela Australia
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity and age), and to disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who otherwise tampers with the entry process. Manifest errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid at the Promoter's absolute discretion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incorrect, incomplete, lost, late or misdirected entries.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity or details of any entrant, the Promoter reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, the identity or details of that entrant.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into in relation to such decision or associated process.
11. There will be 50 winners of the prize. This Competition is a game of skill and entrants are required to demonstrate skill, talent, creativity and/or imagination in their Bumpie in order to compete. The winner will be determined by a judging panel at the offices of the Promoter, located at 3 Arco Lane, Heatherton, 3202 Australia, within 7 days of the closing of the Promotional Period. The Promoter reserves the right, at its discretion, to draw additional valid reserve entries and record them in order in the case of an invalid entry or where an ineligible entrant is drawn.
12. The winner will be notified by email. The winner’s name and the winning entry may be published on the Promoter’s Instagram, and Facebook platforms, and in any other Promotional Material the Promoter deems relevant. Entrants consent to their details and entry being published in these circumstances
13. The prize must be redeemed within 10 days of the winner’s announcement and redemption is subject to product availability. If a winner does not claim their prize within the prescribed time, then they will forfeit their prize and the prize will be awarded to the next eligible entry submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
14. The total prize pool value for this Competition is AUD $1,095 (inclusive of GST). The winner will receive a Medela Sample Box valued at AUD $10.95 (inclusive of GST).
15. Prize values are based on the recommended retail prices as at 1st January 2020. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date. If, for any reason, any of the specified prizes (or any part of them) are unavailable or out of stock, the Promoter reserves the right to replace them with something of similar value and/or specification.
16. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, or any part thereof, are not transferable, saleable or exchangeable and cannot be taken or redeemed as cash or equivalent. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
17. It is a condition of accepting the prizes that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
18. The prize will be delivered to the nominated mailing address of the winner to any State/Territory and/or city/suburb in Australia.
22. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the entry which they submit, including any entry content (such as text, images, photos and videos) and any accompanying comments (Submission). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Submission to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Submission without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Submission that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter could reasonably deem to be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior written consent from any person that appears or is personally identifiable in their Submission; (c) they will obtain full prior written consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Submission to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Submission does not contain viruses and will not cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
23. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name and likeness in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purposes of promoting this Competition (including any outcome) and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter and their related bodies corporate.
26. If, for any reason, this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion: (a) to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process; or (b) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, as appropriate. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, as appropriate.
27. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, as regards this Competition or the merchantability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose of any prize or any component of any prize.
28. The Promoter does not exclude any rights or remedies in respect of goods or services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by law. However, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including for loss of opportunity, business, goodwill or profits), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- b. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- c. any entry or prize claim that is cancelled, delayed, interrupted, diverted, late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter or otherwise);
- d. any variation in prize value or specification to that stated or referred to in these Terms and Conditions;
- e. any tax liability or similar charge incurred by the winner; or
- f. use of a prize by the winner.
29. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or any other event beyond its control and, in these circumstances, the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, cancel the Competition (without liability) and, if it elects to do so, recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
30. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any breach of the above terms, conditions or warranties.
31. All entries become the property of the Promoter (including any intellectual property rights comprised therein). All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and the Promoter may use the entrants’ names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid, unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact the Promoter via the details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should also be directed to the Promoter.
32. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to Australian lottery departments and the winner’s name published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
33. This Competition and any issues relating to the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
34. The Promoter is Medela Australia of 3 Arco Lane, Heatherton, 3202 Australia
35. If you have any questions regarding these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter may be contacted by email at contact.AU@medela.com or by telephone on 1800 787 345.